- General Statement
O’BRIEN / Governance Design may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page to ensure that you are happy with any changes. If you have any questions about our use of your personal data, please contact [email protected]
- Information we collect
O’BRIEN / Governance Design processes your personal information to meet our contractual obligations and to provide you with our products and services. We will never collect any unnecessary personal data from you and do not process your information in any way, other than as specified in this notice.
The personal data that we may collect from you is: –
- Phone Number (Landline / Mobile)
- Credit/Debit Card Details – via online purchases on obriengd.ie
- Any other personal data relating to you that you provide to us to complete an agreed consultancy project
- Any other personal data relating to you that you provide to us when accessing products through our website – obriengd.ie
We collect information in the below ways: –
- Web contact form
- Phone call/email enquiries to our office
- Requests for Tender
- Requests for Quotation
- Online purchases on our website – obriengd.ie
Collection and use of technical information
When you visit our website, the following information is retained about that visit:
- the IP address of the visitor’s web server;
- the top-level domain name used (for example .ie, .com, .org, .net);
- the previous website address from which the visitor reached us, including any search terms used;
- Google analytics which shows the traffic of visitors around this web site (for example pages accessed and documents downloaded);
- the type of web browser and operating system used by the website visitor.
- How We Use Your Personal Data (Legal Basis for Processing)
O’BRIEN / Governance Design takes your privacy very seriously and will never disclose, share or sell your data without your consent; unless required to do so by law. We only retain your data for as long as is necessary and for the purpose(s) specified in this notice. We will use personal data relating to you for the purposes of:
- dealing with any queries that you have submitted to us via the contact form on our website;
- fulfilling a contract that we have entered into with you or with the entity that you represent;
- managing any communication between you and the company;
- sending you promotional and marketing materials on the basis that you have opted in to receive such information when we collected your contact details or subsequently. You can change your mind at any time and opt out of receiving these materials;
- processing purchase transactions submitted through the website;
- generating and analysing statistics regarding usage of our website, www.obriengd.ie, including the frequency of use of individual pages (where possible, personal data will be anonymised before being used for this purpose);
- Your Rights
You have the following rights, in certain circumstances and subject to certain restrictions, in relation to your personal data:
- Right to access the data – You have the right to request a copy of the personal data that we hold about you, together with other information about our processing of that personal data.
- Right to rectification – You have the right to request that any inaccurate data that is held about you is corrected, or if we have incomplete information you may request that we update the information such that it is complete.
- Right to erasure – You have the right to request us to delete personal data that we hold about you. This is sometimes referred to as the right to be forgotten.
- Right to restriction of processing or to object to processing – You have the right to request that we no longer process your personal data for particular purposes, or to object to our processing of your personal data for particular purposes.
- Right to data portability – You have the right to request us to provide you, or a third party, with a copy of your personal data in a structured, commonly used machine-readable format.
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please contact [email protected]
- Sharing and Disclosing Your Personal Information
We do not share or disclose any of your personal information without your consent, other than for the purposes specified in this notice or where there is a legal requirement. O’BRIEN / Governance Design occasionally works with consultancy associates who are not employees of the company. These associates will be made known to a client prior to its engagement of O’BRIEN / Governance Design. We also use third-parties processors to provide the services and business functions listed below. All processors of data acting on our behalf in this context will only process your data in accordance with instructions from us, and will comply fully with this privacy notice, with the data protection laws, and with any other appropriate confidentiality and security measures.
- WordPress (and associated add-ons) – used to manage the content of this website.
We may disclose your personal data to other organisations in connection with the above purposes, including:
- to third parties who we engage to provide services to us in connection with this website, such as outsourced service providers, IT services providers, professional advisers and auditors;
- to competent regulatory authorities and bodies as requested or required by law; and
- digital marketing and analytics service providers.
- How Long We Keep Your Data
O’BRIEN Governance Design only ever retains personal information for as long as is necessary. We retain your personal data for as long as we need it for the purposes described in this Notice, or to comply with our obligations under applicable law. Where you have consented to us using your details for direct marketing, we will keep such data until you notify us otherwise and/or withdraw your consent.
- Links to Other Websites
We are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of any linked sites. Any external links to other websites are clearly identifiable as such.
- Queries and Complaints
If you have any queries or complaints in connection with our processing of your personal data, you can contact us at [email protected]
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the Irish Data Protection Commission if you are not happy with the way we have used your information or addressed your rights. Details of how to lodge a complaint can be found on the Data Protection Commissioner website.
- Cookie Notice
Cookies are widely used in order to make websites work, or to work more efficiently, and our site relies on cookies to optimise user experience and for features and services to function properly.
Most web browsers allow some control to restrict or block cookies through the browser settings, however if you disable cookies you may find this affects your ability to use certain parts of our website or services. For more information about cookies visit https://www.aboutcookies.org.